PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
- This position is responsible for leading, providing technical guidance and necessary support for the Engineering team to provide the required deliverables as per the requirement of entire power plants in operation. To support Head – Engineering Resource Centre enabling him for smooth functioning of Engineering Resource Centre department
- Engineering Coordination , Progress Monitoring, to attend Engineering Resource Centre related meetings in the absence of Head – Engineering Resource Centre / along with him
1. Guiding for Design and Detail Engineering activities of the Mechanical department which includes man hour estimation and assessment of man power requirement, team formation for various job requirements, plan the activities for the team, to monitor the work progress of each team to ensure the deliverables are released within stipulated time.
2. To support ENGINEERING RESOURCE CENTRE -HOD by making necessary arrangements for preparation of engineering deliverables, status report, technical reports as required by the management
3. To support ENGINEERING RESOURCE CENTRE -HOD by providing necessary data’s and information during Vendor/Consultant review meetings, project progress monitoring and project reviewing and management review meetings.
4. To guide and motivate team members in accomplishing the following
• Finalising the design criteria, preparation/review of technical specifications, technical evaluation of bids, finalise the contract specifications until issue of the order.
• Ensure accuracy in design and adherence to schedule by the contractor by carrying out the review of engineering documents and monitoring the progress.
• Attending Design Review meetings, O &M/Project review meetings as per requirement.
• Ensure technical interface matching with other disciplines.
• Timely resolution of technical problems arising during construction.
. Timely resolution of technical problems arising during construction.
5. Provide detailed engineering services w.r.t. O&M/ Project requirements and accomplishing the following :
• Adherence to schedule
• Preparation and approval of DBRs
• Release of RFC drawings
6. Checking and cross verifying of Estimated BOQ’s for competitive pricing and execution within budgets
7. Resolving technical issues/problems reported from site during construction, operation and proposing alternative methods and issue design changes.
8. To escalate all unresolved issues to Head Engineering beyond the specified period
9. To decide on external agencies/experts for doing specialist studies in O&M related issues and give timely solutions.
10. To facilitate timely release of MIS reports to Head-Engineering Resource Centre.
11. Ensure Timely completion of PMS related process with clearly identified PDs, KRAs & KPIs, performance appraisal for self and subordinates
12. Recruitment, evaluation of competency level of the team and continually enhancing the quality and optimization of human resources necessary for execution of Engineering Resource Centre responsibilities.
13. Identify training and development needs of the team members and plan their training and development and follow up implementation.
A. WORK CONTACTS:
Projects /O&M and PMG /Railways/Mining/water infrastructure groups
Respective counterparts in All operating plants
B. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Will be reporting to Head Engineering.
Srikanth Nyshadham +91-98665-06729